Tuesday, January 4, 2011

31 Day Challenge Featured Artist- Day 5--Drew (CardofmyEye)

Welcome to Day 5 of my 31 day Challenge. This is getting fun! Lots to take to the post office on Saturday!

Let me tell you about a very talented young man that I discovered on YouTube a few months back. I have watched a few of his Ustreams, and I never miss a YouTube video. His name is Drew and his YouTube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cardofmyeye

Drew is so talented. I always learn a shortcut or a new idea when I watch his videos, or his live shows. He is also helping me learn the Gypsy. What is really amazing is Drew is only 15 years old. He is definitely on track for a very big career in the crafting world if he so chooses. Maybe the next Tim Holtz?

He puts together cards and mini albums in very creative ways, and is an excellent teacher. He also sells kits a lot on his blog, and hosts lots of swaps. He is very giving back to the crafting community. I loved the story of how he got started. Apparently he saw the Cricut Expression work, thought it was cool, and received one shortly there after, and the rest is beautiful, creative history...

Drew gives a lot of tutorials on his You Tube channel, and does Ustream shows on occasion where he creates projects such as his beautiful mini albums. You will want to follow him, on his blog: www.scrappyhappiness.com
because he is sure to come up with another great idea that will help you to make scrapbooking more enjoyable.

Since he makes mini albums look so effortless, I thought he would enjoy a kit I put together for him . I also created a tag for him, using a lot of Tim Holtz products.

Thank you Drew for your inspiration, and your creativity. I really learn something each time I watch a video.

Hugs,




No comments:

Post a Comment