Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4/11- 31 Day Challenge- Featured Artist- Kristina Werner ( StarofMay)

Welcome to day four of my featured artists challenge! This sure is fun!

So I get asked a lot, How did you start making cards? or How did you figure out how to make videos on YouTube? Well, I blame all this joy and happiness on Kristina.

A few years back, I traveled for work. I would be away from home and my limited craft supplies for a few weeks at a time. I started watching YouTube videos as a means to keep my sanity, from my hotel room. Mondays were always stressful, so every Monday night, after a long and tiring day, there was this bright spot. It was a series called "Make a Card Monday" or MACM for short to all us die-hards, on Kristina's blog and You Tube channel. I cannot tell you what it meant to me. It always made me smile, and think that I could make things like Kristina did. It brought home a little closer to me while I was on the road too.

I remember when the videos were set to music, and all you could see were Kristina's hands. Well, that gave me courage, because I am a very shy person. The videos looked so professional, and she made cards look so easy to make. It was a few years after, that I got up the courage to make my first video, and upload it to YouTube. Now I am nearing 600 subscribers, which still blows me away, and I am totally hooked on stamps, and paper crafting. So I lovingly blame Kristina, for giving me confidence, creativity, and this crazy addiction to the paper craft world. She was my original inspiration.

Kristina has grown in her followers as well. So much so, she has chosen to keep her address private, which I completely understand. So for today's tribute, I will make a card in Kristina style, and mail it off to another of my You Tube friends in the future.

Kristina has continued her Make a Card Monday series, and has added some more things of interest. There are Finally Friday videos of her creations, a virtual card club for a nominal fee, which she uses the proceeds of to keep her blog, and hosting going. Kristina is also a Garden Girl over at www.twopeasinabucket.com and has done a Holiday Card Series for a few years in a row.
She is a wonderful person, a fantastic teacher, and such an inspiration. And she has an adorable cat named Mannie, who reminds me of my Geddy cat.

You definately need to subscribe to her on You Tube :
http://www.youtube.com/user/starofmay

Follow her on her blog: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/

and check out her classes at Two Peas:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=219705

You won't want to miss a thing she creates!

Kristina, you are such an inspiration! Thank you so much for everything you gave me courage to create, and become. I am forever in your debt. Big Hugs to you!



Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment