Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stampin Sundays

Hello everyone! I have begun learning about video editing so I thought I would challenge myself to create a video on Snday mornings that is stamping or scrapping related. Well, I started this at 9am this morning...so you can see a learning curve exists!


The video which follows is in 2 parts due to size constraints by Blogger and Youtube. It is just me making a card for Carol Phillips quarterly swap. We were challenged to use a stamp we had'nt used or mildly used that made us smile, a fun concept. I went immediately to my $1 acrylic stamps and chose a bear holding a chocolate chip cookie and added a sentiment " Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookies of life"


I will post a supply list, but I wanted to point out a technique I used in the video, and that is using Goo Gone grease remover and a Fantastix coloring tool to smooth out my Prismacolor pencil on the bear. Both the Goo Gone and the Fantastix coloring tool cost a few dollars each- Goo Gone around $1.99 at your hardware store, and Fantastix come in a pack of 5 for about the same at your craft store. The Prismacolor pencils are very expensive, but well worth it for the results using this technique. I opted for a tin of 24 Prismacolor pencils instead of Copic markers due to the price. The 24 set ran me about $19.99 with a coupon at AC Moore, and they last a really long time. I have yet to try Copic markers, but at $6.99 each, I am waiting!


Try it out , I am sure you will like the results.


Supply list:

SU! Kraft cardstock 4 1/4 x 11 , scored at 5 1/2
SU! Very Vanilla cardstock 3 1/2 x 3 1/2, plus scrap for stamping image and sentiment
AC Black Heavyweight textured cardstock 4 1/4 x 3 3/4
Dry wall tape ( yes, really....)
American Crafts red dashed grograin ribbon
Stickles glitter glue in Diamond- for eyes and cookie

SU! Classic Ink in Basic Black
Colorbox Catseye pigment ink in Jet Black
$1 mini clear stamp-Inkadinkadoo-purchased at JoAnn's Fabrics
SU! medium Oval punch
SU! Scallop Circle punch
SU! dimensionals

Leave me a commet as to how I did for my first video, I am taking all suggestions! I also apologize in advance for out of focus, out of frame, length, etc, etc.


Enjoy!





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Wl9wGGjT4 Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRBGZxYlnQ Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment